The R.E.F.U.G.E. was organized in 1998 to in response to increasing gaps in high quality treatment for foster youth and the adult senior population in Alameda County. The agency is tax exempt under the appropriate IRS regulations and the State of California. The key values that drive our organization are:
- Cross-system collaboration
- Cultural competence and family/person centered programming
- Homes with a tolerant and integrated milieu.
- Adherence always, to the core principles of positive youth development. Bonding, Resilience, Behavioral competence, Pro-social norms, and belief in the future.
- Fair treatment and ample services provided to all groups which consist of children, adults, and seniors who need residential living support and/or mental and therapeutic treatment.